- Is it making sense?
- Are my thoughts transferring correctly to the page?
- Are my characters developed?
- Have I included all the necessary information?
- Is my dialogue moving the story forward?
- Am I painting a vivid picture in the reader's mind?
- Are parts of the book dragging?
- Is the pacing appropriate?
- Are people going to be interested?
- ...the list goes on.....
- Sentence Structure
- Point of View
- Imagery/Sensory Details
I'll tell ya, it's enough to send you for an extended stay at the finest mental health facility.
Thankfully, I have people looking out for my sanity. These "de-stressers" were sent to me by a good friend to lighten my mood. I'll admit, I found them amusing. It's always good to have a good laugh, even if it occurs at a table in a Borders cafe with people looking at you quizzically. So, I thought I'd share them here.
Happy Labor Day! Enjoy the last few hours of summer. I'm actually looking forward to the fall!