I've been following a lot of writers on Twitter - some who are published and others who are in the process. It is amazing what tips and advice can come from such a simple act.
Anyway, earlier this weekend, I stumbled upon a tweet that linked to this blog post: The #1 Thing You Must Do Before Writing a Book. I was relieved to read the suggestion was to start a blog, as I have clearly already accomplished that task.
The article reminded me how important a blog can be for an aspiring writer. It gets your name and ideas out there and allows you to begin generating an audience. It allows people to know what you are working on, and hopefully, to anticipate a finished product.
Which brings me to my next blog contest. Once again, it's so easy! How could you not participate???
To be eligible for this contest, all you have to do is comment on ONE of my previous posts (previous contest posts excluded). You can use my blog archive to navigate to a topic that sounds interesting to you. There are 23 to choose from. Once you have commented on at least one previous post, fill out the form below and register to win one of these book packages:
- The Odyssey by Homer
- The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain
- The Cold Moon by Jeffery Deaver
- The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
- Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger
- The Motive by John Lescroart
- Tangerine by Edward Bloor
- Night Hoops by Carl Deuker
- In order to be eligible for this contest, all you need to do is comment on at least one previous blog post. Remember, previous contests (i.e. Teacher Treasure Chest and Restaurant Gift Card) are excluded.
- Click "post comment." Please verify your comment has been published before entering.
- After doing so, you must fill out and submit the entry form below. Otherwise, your registration will not be received.