I'm very excited to announce my very first blog giveaway. And it is so easy, how could you not participate?!
Since finishing Nineteen Minutes the other night, I'm on the prowl for a book. A good book. One I can enjoy as I (hopefully) spend Labor Day Weekend lounging by the pool.
But, I have no idea what I want to read. This is where you come in - my contest is simple:
Suggest a book. Briefly tell me why I'll enjoy it. Enter to win.
All you have to do is post a comment below, suggesting a book you think I will enjoy. Briefly tell me why I'll enjoy it (without giving anything away, of course) and fill out/submit the form below that enters you to win this really cool prize:
A $25.00 gift card good at one of four different restaurants: On the Border, Chili's, Maggiano's, or Macaroni Grill.
Yup, it's that easy! But wait, it gets even better.
If I choose the book you suggested, I'll notify you when I finish. If I truly liked it, I will send you one of my favorite's in hopes you'll enjoy it just as much.
So, what do I like to read?
- First, I encourage you to browse my Shelfari bookshelf (located in the right margin on this blog) to see what I've already read. You can also view my full profile by clicking the link below the 'About Me' section to see a list of my favorite books.
- The novel I am writing is Young Adult Fiction. I do really enjoy the genre, even though my days as a young adult have expired. I love anything considered coming of age. And generally speaking, I prefer fiction to anything else.
- I like books I can't put down. I love "page-turners."
- I'm being honest: I don't like books where the characters do nothing but babble about the sunny side of life. Recommend that junk to someone else. Chances are, you will have a better shot suggesting something that doesn't necessarily have a happy ending. If the protagonist in a book is getting everything he wants - if everything works out according to plan - I guarantee I'll put it down.
- I've never been a fan of "classic literature." If it was on my high school curriculum, I'll probably pass.
- I like to think. I like to be caught off guard. I like to fall in love with the main character and be taken on the journey rather than simply hear about it.
- I do not like books loaded with literary jumbo - you can save the deep symbolism, irony, metaphors, and complicated quotations/monologues for a Linguistics Professor.
- I don't typically like graphic novels, sci-fi, or fantasy. However, I'm open-minded.
- ABSOLUTELY NO VAMPIRES ALLOWED!
- Advertise this contest on your blog (+3 entries)
- Advertise or retweet this contest on Twitter (+2 entries)
- Advertise this contest on Facebook (+2 entries)
- I'll also add an entry if you become a follower of my twitter feed and/or my blog
Thank you in advance for participating. Good luck to everyone!
This contest has been closed. Thank you to all participants.