Today I am sharing the best posts I recently bookmarked. All of these come from reliable sources - aka writers and/or agents further along in their publication journey. These posts opened my eyes to things I had not known previously. In fact, they opened my eyes to a lot of things I had not known previously. Most importantly, they made me feel more prepared for future steps in this industry.
For those of you who take the time to check them out, I hope you find them just as helpful.
1. The Biggest Mistakes Writers Make When Querying Literary Agents by J.M. Tohline, author of The Great Lenore (Atticus Books, June 2011).
2. The Best Query Letters Do What - also by J.M. Tohline
3. Formula For A Query Letter by Jill Corcoran, Literary Agent with Herman Agency.
4. Building Your Pitch by Elana Johnson, author of Possession (Simon & Schuster, June 2011). *This post is based on a presentation by Laura Rennert, Literary Agent with Andrea Brown Literary Agency, Inc.
5. How To Write A Query Letter by Nathan Bransford, former literary agent with Curtis Brown Ltd.
6. Query Letter Mad Lib - also by Nathan Bransford.
7. Successful Queries: Agent Michelle Humphrey and "Losing Faith" - posted by Chuck Sambuchino, manager of the Guide to Literary Agents Editors Blog.